1. General: For an introduction to slate roofing, read some of the articles available at Traditional Roofing Magazine.
2. General: An excellent "bullet points" primer on slate roofing, "Slate Roofing - How to Install a Roof that will Last a Century (or Two)", from 2012, is available at the Slate Roof Experts website.
3. General: Quite a bit of information about slate roofing is available at the website of the National Slate Association.
4. General: The Slate Roof Bible by Joseph Jenkins is widely considered to be authoritative on the subject of slate roofing.
5. General: You can also check out Mr. Jenkins' Slate Roofing Facebook page.
7. Safety: See this Material Safety Data Sheet for health and safety information about roofing slate at the Virginia Slate website. This is only an example and other products and brands may be different.
9. Technical: See this Product Data Sheet for the technical characteristics of roofing slate at the North Country Slate website. This is only an example and other products and brands may be different.
10. Technical: The Repair, Replacement and Maintenance of Historic Slate Roofs is a comprehensive resource available on the US National Park Service's Technical Preservation Services website.