Roof Online Staff
EPDM Roofing Articles on Roof Online:
2. General: For a decent general discussion of EPDM as a material, see the Wikipedia EPDM page. Not much information specific to EPDM roofing, though.
3. General: The EPDM Roofing Association has thorough and accurate information about EPDM roofing at this location (see the menu on the left side of the page for particular aspects of EPDM roofs). Just remember that this is an industry association that was formed with the purpose of providing "data documenting the many benefits of EPDM roofing systems" (quoted from their website).
5. Building Codes: "R905.12 Thermoset Single-Ply Roofing" from the 2015 International Residential Code and "1507.12 Thermoset Single-Ply Roofing" from the 2018 International Building Code. Both available on the UpCodes website.
6. Chemical Compatibility of EPDM: See this chart for a long list of chemicals and whether you can expect them to damage EPDM. Note that EPDM roof seam adhesive and semi-cured or uncured EPDM flashings may be affected differently than fully-cured EPDM field material. Chart is made available by Mykin Inc.
7. Hail Damage: “Comparative Performance of EPDM Rubber Roofing Membrane as Protection against Hail Damage” is worth a look. Good pictures; also pictures of hail damage to other roof types, not just EPDM. Available on the EPDM Roofing Association website.
8. Inspection of EPDM roof systems: ROOFER: Membrane and Flashing Condition Indexes for Single-Ply Membrane Roofs - Inspection and Distress Manual is an extremely detailed and valuable resource put together by the US Army Corps of Engineers' Engineer Research and Development Center. Available for download at the Defense Technical Information Center website.
13. Technical: See Carlisle’s Fully-Adhered EPDM page.
14. Technical: See Carlisle’s Mechanically-Attached EPDM.
15. Manufacturers: See this list EPDM roofing manufacturers.