Hypalon (CSPE) Roofing
Roof Online Staff
See More Roofing Topics
Useful Links for Hypalon (CSPE) Roofing Information
1. General: See this informative explanation of what Hypalon is, where it comes from, and why it’s hard to find these days. On the website of Anixter International.
2. General: A good short article, “Where Is Hypalon Among Today’s Roofing Options?” by the venerable roof expert Dick Fricklas, is archived on the Buildings.com website. The article is from 2010.
3. Building Codes: “R905.13 Thermoplastic Single-Ply Roofing” from the 2018 International Residential Code and “1507.13 Thermoplastic Single-Ply Roofing” from the 2018 International Building Code. Both available on the UpCodes website.
4. Chemical Compatibility of Hypalon: See this chart for a long list of chemicals and whether you can expect them to damage Hypalon. Chart is made available by Mykin Inc.
5. Safety: See this material safety data sheet for health and safety information about Hypalon. This is only an example and other products and brands may be different.
6. Technical: See this Hypalon roof system specification for an idea of how a Hypalon roof system is put together. Provided by the Conklin Company.
7. Technical: Hypalon roof membrane product specification. Viewable at Burke Industries’ website as a PDF document.
8. Technical: An old DuPont product data sheet for Hypalon.
9. Technical: Data sheets for various now-discontinued Dupont Hypalon products are available at the MatWeb site.
10. Manufacturers: See this list of Hypalon roofing manufacturers. They’re hard to find these days.