1. General: Researching Roof Coatings: for impartial information, a good place to begin is at this search results page for "coatings" at the website of the National Roofing Contractors Association. Information from roof coating manufacturers can be biased, and information provided by contractors who specialize in applying roof coatings can be downright misleading.
2. General: “Use of Primers Prior to Roof Coating” is an excellent technical bulletin produced by the Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association. Explains surface preparation in general for all kinds of substrates.
3. Aluminized Coatings: "Recommendations for the Application of Aluminum Roof Coatings" - practical guidelines put together by the the Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association.
5. Building Codes: "R905.15 Liquid-Applied Roofing" from the 2015 International Residential Code and "1507.15 Liquid-Applied Roofing" from the 2015 International Building Code. Available on the UpCodes website.
6. Manufacturers: See here for a list of roof coating manufacturers.