Roof Online Staff
Pictures of Roof Fasteners
Useful Links for Roofing Fasteners
3. Chemical Compatibility: “Corrosion and Corrosion Resistance” is a useful and easy-to-follow technical bulletin provided by the Fastenal Company. Explains what material fasteners should be made out of in order to be used with which other materials.
5. Chemical Compatibility: For a much longer and more technical read on the subject, see “MIL-STD-889C – Department of Defense, Standard Practice, Dissimilar Metals“.
6. Technical: Pull-out Tests: “American National Standard – Standard Field Test Procedure for Determining the Withdrawal Resistance of Roofing Fasteners” is made available on the SPRI website.
7. Technical: “Guide for Materials Selection and Design for Metals Used in Contact with Copper-Treated Wood” – the title is self-explanatory, the article is from 2013, and is made available by the US Department of Agriculture’s Forest Service’s Forest Products Laboratory.
8. Technical: Heat Transfer: “Roofing Fasteners and How They Affect Insulation Thermal Performance” is a good, easy-to-follow article over on the GAF website.
9. Technical: Heat Transfer: “Three-Dimensional Heat Transfer Analysis of Metal Fasteners in Roofing Assemblies” is another good article on the subject, but much more technical. Available on the Buildings – Open Access Journal site.
10. Manufacturers: See this list of roofing fastener manufacturers.