Weather Information Resources
Roof Online Staff
Sometimes you need to know whether there was rain or hail on a specific day in the past in order to investigate a leak or to identify problems with a roof installation. Or you may need to know if there’s a 30% chance of rain tomorrow at 5 am in order to be able to schedule things properly.
Check the Weather on a Local Webcam
If you have to travel to look at a roof, it helps to know what the weather conditions are in real time, at the actual location.
Webcams can tell you more about this than weather reports. There may be snow on the roof that’s been there for weeks, even though the weather report calls for a bright sunny day.
List of Weather Sites
- Weather Underground – Provides historical weather data here.
- National Weather Service (US) – Provides historical weather data.
- Bureau of Meteorology (Australia)
- Irish Meteorological Service – Provides historical weather data.
- Met Office (UK)
- MetService (NZ)
- National Doppler Radar Sites – National Weather Service enhanced radar site (US).
- South African Weather Service
- The Weather Channel
- Weather (Canada) – Provides historical weather data.