Solar Energy and Roofs
2. General: An introduction and overview of residential solar energy, "Building America Best Practices Series for High-Performance Technologies: Solar Thermal & Photovoltaic Systems", is available at the US Department of Energy's Building America site. The article is from 2007, so some information may be out of date.
3. General: The National Renewable Energy Laboratory website is a great source of information about the latest developments in solar power technology.
4. General: Find a Certified Solar Roofing Professional (CSRP) at the website of Roof Integrated Solar Energy (RISE), which is an organization "created to provide a means of evaluating and certifying solar roofing professionals to support the widespread use of rooftop solar energy".
5. General: Mapdwell has a free and easy-to-use interactive tool which allows visitors to their site to get a detailed assessment of the solar energy potential for any building within the areas they've mapped. Currently only available for a few cities, including Boston and Washington, DC; their database is expanding.
6. Financial: "Solar Investment Tax Credit": see this for an explanation of the US federal tax credit granted for solar energy installations. Made available by the Solar Energy Industries Association on their website.
7. Financial: State tax credits and other incentives and policies can be seen by going to the DSIRE (Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency) website, which is funded by the US Department of Energy and operated by the North Carolina Clean Energy Technology Center.
9. Technical: "Photovoltaic Systems and Asphalt Shingle Roofs" has some very basic information. Available at the Canadian Asphalt Shingle Manufacturers' Association website.
10. Technical: See this Product Data Sheet for the technical characteristics of photovoltaic panels at the Kyocera Solar website. This is only an example and other products and brands may be different.
12. Manufacturers: A list of solar energy product manufacturers.
Find the answers to your questions about roofs and roofing.