1. Coal Tar Pitch Roofing: Barrett's Handbook on Roofing and Waterproofing for Architects, Engineers, and Builders - Barrett Manufacturing Co. - (published in 1896, 48 pages).
2. Copper Roofing: Copper Flashings - A Manual - A Handbook of Data on the Use of Copper As a Flashing Material with Standard Details of Construction and Specifications for Sheet-Copper Work - Copper and Brass Research Association - (published in 1925, 66 pages).
3. Copper Roofing: Copper Roofings - A Manual - Information for Architects and Roofing Contractors - Copper and Brass Research Association - (published in 1925, 25 pages).
4. Slate Roofing: The Story of Slate - Charles H. Davis - Davis Slate & Manufacturing Company - (published in 1923, 7 pages).
2. Metal Roofing: Metals in America's Historic Buildings - Uses and Preservation Treatments provides extensive coverage of the subject - 174 pages - and is well-researched. Available on the website of the National Park Service.
3. Wood Shingle Roofing: "Fabricating and Installing Side-Lap Roof Shingles in Eastern Pennsylvania" by James Houston and John N. Fugelso, from 2008, is a terrific article, hugely informative. Available on the website of the Association for Preservation Technology International.