(Hot) Roofing Asphalt Manufacturers List & Website Directory
By Roof Online Staff • Last updated March 30, 2023
To learn more about asphalt built-up roofing, see our Asphalt (Hot) Roofing page.
Asphalt (along with reinforcement felts) forms the actual waterproofing membrane in an (asphalt) built-up roof (BUR). Roofing asphalt is sold in the form of bricks or, most commonly, kegs that are delivered to job sites by trucks, and then melted in kettles to provide the liquid hot asphalt as needed.
There are four different types of BUR asphalt: Type 1 (dead level), Type 2, Type 3, and Type 4 (special steep). Types 2 and 3 are by far the most commonly used.
This hot asphalt is typically applied to the roof using mops, with reinforcement felts being set into each layer of hot asphalt before it cools. Each layer of asphalt and felt is called a “ply”. Built-up roofs membranes typically have three or four plies.
If you are a reputable and qualified roofing asphalt manufacturer and feel that we’ve overlooked your company, feel free to contact us to ask to be added to this list.
(Hot) Roofing Asphalt Manufacturers List
- APOC – Asphalt types 3 and 4; available as “MeltPac” & “MeltKeg”
- Building Products of Canada Corp. – Type II and Type III solid asphalt is available in 100 lb cardboard Kegs.
- IKO Industries – Type 1 asphalt available in bulk liquid; Types 2 and 3 asphalt available in bulk liquid and 100 lb. kegs.
- Siplast – “Mopping asphalt” intended for use with SBS-modified bitumen systems.
- Trumbull – Owens Corning Roofing and Asphalt – Asphalt types 1 & 2 (made to order), and types 3 & 4. Available in kegs or liquid bulk.