(Also see "Energy Codes")
2. General: "RICOWI Best Practices Guides for Roofing - Building Code, Industry, and Approval Standards" is available on the website of the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety. ("RICOWI" stands for the Roofing Industry Committee on Weather Issues). Unfortunately, the building code section links in this article don't work, but you can find the referenced parts of the code at UpCodes.
3. General: Copyright law regarding building codes: This: Veeck v. Southern Bldg. Code Congress Int'l, Inc., yet also this: Federal Court Basically Says It's Okay To Copyright Parts Of Our Laws. We don't know what to make of it all. (And now this: Can the Law be Copyrighted?.)
4. General: The Building Codes and Standards page at the website of the National Roofing Contractors Association is a good place for up-to-date information about building codes and how they affect roofing.
5. General: An excellent one-page explanation of the roofing section of the 2012 International Building Code. From the November 2012 issue of Professional Roofing magazine and archived at the website of the National Roofing Contractors Association.
6. General: Select your state on the home page of the Building Codes Assistance Project (BCAP) for US state code information. On this site you can find information regarding code status, guides to building codes, and more. The focus is on United States jurisdictions, but some useful international information is available as well.
7. General: Australia: The Australia page at the BCAP website.
8. General: Canada: The Canada page at the BCAP website.
9. General: India: The India page at the BCAP website.
10. General: Ireland: The Ireland page at the BCAP website.
11. General: New Zealand: The New Zealand page at the BCAP website.
12. General: United Kingdom: The United Kingdom page at the BCAP website.
13. General: To view actual US building codes, plumbing codes, fire codes, etc., (check the website of your local building inspector's office to find out which code is currently in effect in your area) see UpCodes. For example, see here for a look at the roofing section of the 2015 International Building Code. See here for a look at the roofing section of the 2015 International Residential Code.