TPO Roofing: Useful Information Guide
Roof Online Staff
Pictures of TPO Roofs
Useful Links for TPO Roofing Information
2. Building Codes: “R905.13 Thermoplastic Single-Ply Roofing” from the 2018 International Residential Code and “1507.13 Thermoplastic Single-Ply Roofing” from the 2018 International Building Code. Both available on the UpCodes website.
3. Chemical Compatibility of TPO: See this Chemical Resistance Guide for information about whether a substance will damage a TPO roof. The document is on the website of Roofing Products International.
4. Inspection of TPO Roof Systems: “TPO (Thermoplastic) Rooftop Guide/Inspection Checklist” is a handy two-page document put together by Carlisle Syntec Systems. It references Carlisle products, but it’s broadly applicable to other TPO systems.
6. Technical: “Technical Advisory – TPO Single-Ply Roof Systems: Performance and Service Life” is an IIBEC paper from 2016 presenting “a general overview of information regarding the performance of thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) single-ply membranes, to summarize general information related to the evolution of TPO single-ply roof membranes, and to provide general information to assist individuals with reviewing in-place existing conditions of TPO roof membranes”.
8. Technical: See this product data sheet for the technical characteristics of TPO roofing at the Johns Manville website. This is only an example and other products and brands may be different.
9. Testing: “Testing TPOs (An unprecedented study shows surprising variations among TPO membranes)” explores TPO performance issues. The article appeared in Professional Roofing magazine in 2015.
10. Manufacturers: See this list of TPO roofing manufacturers.