The Online Roofing Resource
Installation of a PVC roof in progress.
Heat-welding a field seam during the installation of a PVC roof membrane.
1. Installing a Fully-Adhered PVC Roof
1. General: For an in-depth general article about various roof systems, see this page at the Whole Building Design Guide site, which is maintained by the National Institute of Building Sciences.
2. Chemical Compatibility of PVC: See this chart for a long list of chemicals and whether you can expect them to damage PVC. Chart is made available by Ipex Management Inc.
3. Chemical Compatibility: See this chemical resistance guide for information on whether or not a chemical will damage Dupont's Elvaloy KEE, a common plasticizer used in PVC roofing membranes.
4. Safety: See this Material Safety Data Sheet for health and safety information about PVC roofing at the GAF website. This is only an example and other products and brands may be different.
5. Technical: See this PVC roof installation guide to see what's going on in a typical PVC roof system. This guide is available at the Johns Manville website.
6. Technical: See this Product Data Sheet for the technical characteristics of PVC roofing at the Johns Manville website. This is only an example and other products and brands may be different.
7. See here for a list of PVC roofing manufacturers.
Find the answers to your questions about roofs and roofing.